Coffee Forums banner
8321 - 8331 of 8331 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
CRANKHOUSE Oscar Mendez Finca Genesis, natural Typica

Very tasty nectarine, apple & maple syrup (not as sweet but I get it).

94.5 on Niche. 13.8g dose, 210g water, V60 02 with Hario Drip Assist.
7 pours of 30g every 30s,each pour taking ~10s.
First 2 pours via the centre of the drip assist, remainder around the ring.
Oh this stuff is lovely, I had a cup of this from Hunter Gatherer in Portsmouth when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: MWJB

·
Admin
Tree hugging biker
1,801 Posts
So today i'm on my last 20g of these washed Honduran from Foundry...i couldn't detect the apple notes for the life of me but they are sweet, with a lovely mouthfeel...it's a nice medium roast that i think (if they have any left) i'll re-order; normally i like to vary the roasters i buy from but i like this one as it's just nice, not earth shattering but i can use it for filter and espresso and it hasn't disappointed me so far...a nice staple/middle of the road :coffee:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Which roasters send out rested beans? I've run out!😭
find a local supermarket that stock union. they have a roast date on the bag. it’s been a while now but i used to run out now and again and would always be able to find something three or four weeks from roast date in the waitrose round the corner. waitrose, sainsbury and maybe others usually have a few single origins and a couple of blends. just a matter of checking the roast dates on all of them.

the other option is speciality coffee shops/roasters close by with bags of beans for sale.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Impressed by the Old Brown Java from Coffee Compass I thought I would try a few 250g trial packs from the same supplier.

I went for these three:

Brighton Lanes - 4/10 - I will not be drinking that one again.
Sweet Bourbon - 6/10 - Not too bad
Jampit Hit - 7/10 - Very drinkable

My next batch will be some more Old Brown Java which gets a 9/10 from me - any others that I should try?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Burundi Sivca Ngozi from CoffeeLink which I can heartily recommend (after getting a thumbs up from an earlier post here) Makes a fantastic espresso for my morning latte.

Also bought their Mexican Terruno Nayarita, so looking forward to trying that next!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got a 125g sample pack of Guatemala Huehuetenango from Algerian coffee stores.

Wow this is very different from anything else I have tried so far, very dark roasted and grinding it with my Knock Feld47 was strangely effortless.

It filled my 9Barista portafilter in about 10 seconds so I suspect I will need a finer grind with this one and perhaps a firmer tamp. But even so this was a very tasty wake up this morning with heavy, unmistakable chocolate notes.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Impressed by the Old Brown Java from Coffee Compass I thought I would try a few 250g trial packs from the same supplier.

I went for these three:

Brighton Lanes - 4/10 - I will not be drinking that one again.
Sweet Bourbon - 6/10 - Not too bad
Jampit Hit - 7/10 - Very drinkable

My next batch will be some more Old Brown Java which gets a 9/10 from me - any others that I should try?
Currently drinking Coffee Compass Mystery which is a 6/10 for me, but have ripped through nearly 2 kilos of Cherry Cherry, which is a solid 9/10, loads of natural sweetness and body and a very satisfying long black or espresso, it’d be worth a punt if you like that kind of coffee.

8321 - 8331 of 8331 Posts