Coffee Forums banner
8301 - 8320 of 8331 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,546 Posts
I was given a bag of Rave decaff - Columbian El Carmen Sugarcane. It is very nice actually - first time I have tried decaff. I can taste the chocolate and vanilla but not red fruits. Sorry no photo! It's nice to have a coffee I can drink all day without keeping me awake half the night!
Of all the decafs I have had, the Sugarcane/EA process ones have been the least bad, some as good as typical caffienated.

·
Premium Member
10,546 Posts
Crankhouse, Sebastian Ramirez, Finca el Placer, carbonic maceration natural Gesha, Colombia: Top notch, full of flavour, syrupy tropical berry/fruit, with almost a Smarties like note, hints of passion fruit in the finish. Clean. I maybe ground a tad fine, but still totally delicious. Definitely not one of those 'wet air with a hint of ####...' Geshas.

13.8g ground at 2 turns on a Feldgrind (will be going slightly coarser), Kalita 185, Buono kettle, bloom 20g/30s, then 50g every30s via the Tricolate dispersion screen. This brew had a dry bed at 2:38.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Some Tanzania Kongoni from horsham.

I'm back to my clever dripper for a little while for a change.

12g-200g ground at 20 on my standard commandante. Water in first then coffee, give a good stir to make sure it's all wet, then at 1 minute sink the crust.

Total steep was 10 minutes, drain time 55 seconds, usually it takes about 30 seconds at this grind, so not sure why it took so long.

Anyway, it's lovely, could probably go finer and get a little more sweetness before creeping into the bitter territory

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Some Tanzania Kongoni from horsham.

I'm back to my clever dripper for a little while for a change.

12g-200g ground at 20 on my standard commandante. Water in first then coffee, give a good stir to make sure it's all wet, then at 1 minute sink the crust.

Total steep was 10 minutes, drain time 55 seconds, usually it takes about 30 seconds at this grind, so not sure why it took so long.

Anyway, it's lovely, could probably go finer and get a little more sweetness before creeping into the bitter territory
Same coffee again now at the same ratio, ground at 16 on commandante, 1:15 steep, finished just after 2 minutes. Lovely!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wanted to try a British roaster after a few months with expensive European roasters.

Really like this one, straight away. Makes a nicely smooth espresso with a great crema, well balanced. 20 grams in, 40 grams out in 26 seconds, 93C.

For once in my life I can pick out the flavour notes as described, in this case the almond and cherry being clearly on my palate.

Great coffee, would highly recommend.

·
Premium Member
10,546 Posts
Wanted to try a British roaster after a few months with expensive European roasters.

Really like this one, straight away. Makes a nicely smooth espresso with a great crema, well balanced. 20 grams in, 40 grams out in 26 seconds, 93C.

For once in my life I can pick out the flavour notes as described, in this case the almond and cherry being clearly on my palate.

Great coffee, would highly recommend.
Sounds lovely, what is the coffee?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Caffe del Doge ... in Venice for a few days and had shots of their house roasted Rosso 100% arabica and Nero espresso blend. Both as authentic "Italian espresso" as it's possible to be, and a reminder of why I invest so much time and attention in my coffee. They have a broad range of single origin beans from around the world, so I expect I will be there daily until leaving!

·
Premium Member
10,546 Posts
CRANKHOUSE Oscar Mendez Finca Genesis, natural Typica

Very tasty nectarine, apple & maple syrup (not as sweet but I get it).

94.5 on Niche. 13.8g dose, 210g water, V60 02 with Hario Drip Assist.
7 pours of 30g every 30s,each pour taking ~10s.
First 2 pours via the centre of the drip assist, remainder around the ring.

·
Super Supporter
351 Posts
@Crownandcanvas Honduras ( Pedro Joel Fiallos )

Absolutely bursting with Blueberry flavour, I can't quite remember a coffee that had such a distinctive flavour that matches the tasting notes.

18g in for 40g out, 90 degrees.

Top marks , lovely coffee 👍

Now, do I get a kg of this or go for the Guatemalan to try it , decisions decisions 🤔

@Crownandcanvas do you do 500g bags ?
how long was the extraction? i've dialled the fine dial to really fine and it's still p!$$ing out.

·
Super Supporter
310 Posts
Caffe del Doge ... in Venice for a few days and had shots of their house roasted Rosso 100% arabica and Nero espresso blend. Both as authentic "Italian espresso" as it's possible to be, and a reminder of why I invest so much time and attention in my coffee. They have a broad range of single origin beans from around the world, so I expect I will be there daily until leaving!
They sell it online (amazon.com) so you're in luck after you leave too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm on Smith St's Honduran Estevez a 72 hour macerated natural - it's absolutely delicious. It tastes like Fry's strawberry cream. :ROFLMAO:

It's quite a tricky one to keep dialled in I must admit, needing to be tweaked a lot more often than any naturals I've had before, but this could be down to me initially dialling it in fairly close to roasting.

8301 - 8320 of 8331 Posts