Coffee Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a small travel coffee cup which will keep my brew warm for a few hours? I like to take a pour over on a hike with me and currently use a Camelback Forge. It is too big and doesn't do the coffee justice.
I want something that feels really nice to hold, and is around 250ml (9oz) capacity. I find the cup plays a big part in the sensory experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m looking for the same thing, but sadly have come to the feeling that pour over doesnmt survive that well in thermal flasks. I’ve tried most (Klean Kanteen, Miir, Sigg, kinto) and went through thorough cleaning recently with multiple rounds of Cafisa cleaning to remove gunk, and baked the silicon parts to remove inherent aftertaste. The small kinto travel tumbler fared the best. I tested it after an hour and a half and the taste had changed but was still tasty (i brewed 500ml and drank the first 250 ml straightaway just so i would have a taste memory).

subsequent days haven’t been so good. The longer the brew is left the more it homogenises into a particular generic “flask” taste. And I feel the silicon gaskets in these flasks retain an aftertaste even after one drink.

I’m keen to try the Fellow Carter mugs as they have a ceramic coating.

I’d be keen to crack this problem, sometimes it feels like wasting beans if it ends tasting bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We love the Contigo Autoseal mugs. You squeeze a trigger while you sip your coffee. As soon as you let go it seals again. We've prevented so many accidents with these.

To clean coffee residue, place a small spoonful of machine dishwasher detergent inside the cup, fill it with freshly boiled water and seal the mug. You can invert it to make sure the detergent reaches the inner workings of the mechanism.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Contigo which I use for tea but don't feel it does coffee justice drinking through the spout thing.
I found a Life venture 300ml cup on a good deal (£7) so gave it a go. Good size, nice drinking aperture and retains heat well. Taste ok so far but I know all flasks deteriorate over time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts