Coffee Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
How did you get on with the Espresso blend?
It’s was nice. But not quite what a was looking for.
I’ve, for the moment anyway, settled on Chatswood blend #6.
incidentally. The Fudge was excellent for both espresso and V20. Again not quite what I was after, but I’ll defiantly be buying a bag every so often.

I'm still after a darker more in your face coffee. but, there’s no hurry. Just look how much fun it is trying new coffies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It’s was nice. But not quite what a was looking for.
I’ve, for the moment anyway, settled on Chatswood blend #6.
incidentally. The Fudge was excellent for both espresso and V20. Again not quite what I was after, but I’ll defiantly be buying a bag every so often.

I'm still after a darker more in your face coffee. but, there’s no hurry. Just look how much fun it is trying new coffies.
I suspect our darkest/punchiest coffee might be The Italian Job #2 - Malabar is also interesting - it doesn't present as dark but has some interesting smokey notes. We also have something particularly dark in the pipeline - watch this space! Glad you are enjoying trying them out!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I suspect our darkest/punchiest coffee might be The Italian Job #2 - Malabar is also interesting - it doesn't present as dark but has some interesting smokey notes. We also have something particularly dark in the pipeline - watch this space! Glad you are enjoying trying them out!
Malabar is on my tester list.
I’ve been chopping and changing for several months. So I’ll settle with my Chatswood, for a month or so. then have at it again.

·
Super Supporter
2,096 Posts
Loved reading this thread, always used Rave and never had a problem.
Great to see them getting involved and sorting an issue and keep helping out.
I have a 3 weekly sub of their COLOMBIA EL CARMEN Nº 50 it's a very keenly priced coffee and always use it with my milk drinks as cuts through the milk beautifully

·
Registered
409 Posts
Loved reading this thread, always used Rave and never had a problem.
Great to see them getting involved and sorting an issue and keep helping out.
I have a 3 weekly sub of their COLOMBIA EL CARMEN Nº 50 it's a very keenly priced coffee and always use it with my milk drinks as cuts through the milk beautifully
Thanks, another one for the ‘test list’.

·
Registered
1 Posts
An update from our Head of Coffee...

"Hi James,

I have been passed your thoughts by David, and the roasting team and I carried out a secondary cupping of our Nano Challa and Tegu production samples. One of the Nano Challa samples was your exact batch.

As a bit of context for this coffee, we offered a similar Ethiopian to our Traditional subscribers (these customers are fans of darker fuller roasts), and the coffee went down really well. When we launched the Nano Challa, we wanted to recreate this fuller roast profile. Whilst this was right for some of our customers, we do understand that the descriptors of this coffee may not have been right for everyone. Particularly people who are very familiar with Ethiopian coffees, their delicacy, and how they are usually lighter roasted.

We think this may have contributed to your expectation and therefore disappointment - as a result we are looking at how we can communicate better to a more diverse audience of coffee drinkers, and how we transition coffees from our subscription service onto general sale.

Your feedback has lead to lots of good debates in the team - and we would love to put things right for you, so hopefully you can find a coffee you like. I would personally recommend the Rwandan Bumbogo, which is a super clean natural coffee with lots of vibrant fruit notes. Or if you usually like anaerobically fermented coffees - the Costa Rican El Cerro will knock your socks off - it's the craziest, booziest and fruitiest coffee we've had all year."

James, I hope this adds some sort of clarity as to how this happened. I will arrange a refund of the original purchase and these two recommendations from Ash will be heading your way FOC.

Best
Hi David,

I had a very similar experience with the Ethiopian and Kenyan to OP. Looking now both recommendations are out of stock. Is there anything RAVE would recommend instead?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts