Coffee Forums banner
681 - 700 of 736 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
@Nightrider_1uk ahh no worries, since you responded thought you might have it.

@Giaxou@Uncletits would either of you have it by any chance?
Hi - The forum gauge is severely battered and when I used it the gauge steamed up as well as leaked

I decided to buy my own which is currently with @Giaxou I'm awaiting its return to set another machine

Happy to let it go around then

PS Mine only cost £16.95

Neil

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Needs a good clean, Looks like it could do with new fitting (which is a separate item from the gauge. doubt if the gauge itself is actually leaking, suspect the leak is from the split in the fitting.
Hi @Nightrider_1uk It has 5 splits! - any idea of the size of adaptor? I'll replace it and forward that one then as I want to keep my new one

Neil

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Not sure, I've never had the gauge. They are usually a BSP thread, somewhere in the region of 1/4" of 3/8" unless it's metric. I'd take the gauge and port,filter to a plumbers merchant and ask if they have an adaptor. Don't forget to use PTFE tape in the mall threads.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi @Doof I've now replaced the fitting and tested the old forum gauge and it's working - I'd suggest some PTFE tape on your portafilter to seal it

PM me your address and I'll try to send it tomorrow

Neil
Hey Neil - Soooo my impatience has come back to bite me, believe it or not i ordered one today 🤦‍♂️

Typical!! Thank you very much for getting back to me, appreciate it

·
Registered
64 Posts
@little_rob Thanks so much, the gauge arrived this morning and my Classics pressure is perfect at 10 bar. If anyone needs the gauge please let me know and DM me your address, or if it needs returning to someone in particular let me know.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
@little_rob Thanks so much, the gauge arrived this morning and my Classics pressure is perfect at 10 bar. If anyone needs the gauge please let me know and DM me your address, or if it needs returning to someone in particular let me know.

Thanks
Hi @Mm391This is the forum gauge so it can stay with you until someone requests it now

Neil

·
Registered
182 Posts
@Mm391Please could I request the forum gauge? Had my Classic for 10+ years and have started upgrading further parts recently but only recently aware of the OPV mod! Wonder what pressure it is currently running at... I'll DM you shortly.

Thanks!

681 - 700 of 736 Posts