Coffee Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've had a Wilfa Uniform for a year now and in the last couple of weeks it's making a really odd noise. It's almost like there's something stuck under the bottom burr carrier, but I can't see any way to take it off to check. I've taken the bottom burr out and there's nothing obviously wrong that I can see.

Here's a video of it rumbling: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xMc29AVnhVKN6HpF9 (this is with no beans in there).

I bought it (regretfully) from Javahub who look like they've ceased trading, so anything under warranty isn't going to be possible. I've looked at Wilfa's website and they don't seem to have any contact details other than for the UK distributor.

Any thoughts as to what it could be? The screws in the bottom of the grinder need a triangle bit which I've not seen before, so I'd have to order one of those before I can start trying to take it apart.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's a shame. I don't suppose you've tried taking it apart to see what's causing it? I've run it without the top part on and it still seems to rumble. I might try taking out the burr and see if that stops it.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Mine has begun making a rumble too. I've had both burrs out and given the whole thing a really good clean but hasn't changed the noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts