Coffee Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Admin
Tree hugging biker
1,687 Posts
Some sharp edges there; plasters at the ready :cry:

Any chance of some more piccies ? ..especially of the motor, control box and your gas heater arrangement.

Looks fab btw (y)

EDIT :- Just noticed the RC is a pan...good use of stuff hanging around, brilliant.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah mate! There you go.
Motor was bought on amazon (20k reduction ratio) to allow a top speed of 67rpm, next to it in the blue is the fan speed controller (the fan itself is under the bench, connected to the other end of the chaffe collection bucket, and then outdoors).
Gas is a wok outdoor hob, connected to a small lpg bottle.

Still not perfect, the pvc pipe leading to collector gets hot and mangled (I am trying to find a suitable rubber hose to use which is less temperamental with heat)
In
Automotive tire Rim Alloy wheel Motor vehicle Engineering

Wood Gas Machine Machine tool Wire

Hood Automotive design Wood Automotive tire Bumper

Shelf Wood Shelving Floor Kitchen cart

·
Admin
Tree hugging biker
1,687 Posts
@Wild Goat thanks for those pictures...brilliant...it wouldn't win any beauty awards but as long as the end result is good roasted coffee beans then i'd chalk that up as a win win win (y) ...i love seeing peoples homebrew projects...keep up the good work...and keep us updated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah. I've been toasting a Peruvian bean to medium roast which has been coming out beautifully. I used to roast with a heat gun, and the swap to gas was interesting and much more challenging... But 8 am using artisan, and can monitor closely now. Still loads to learn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts