Coffee Forums banner
561 - 567 of 567 Posts
I had a similar steam performance issue with my mara x after owning it for a couple of months. It was getting really bad!

1. Steaming slowed down, I mean taking a few minutes!
2. 1.5 bar pressure reading on the dial after being warmed for hours and activated.
3. I always purge pre-post steaming milk.
4. I cleaned the steam wand using puly several times with no improvement.

It was pretty stupid but here is what made it work good as new again:

1. I unscrewed the steam wand tip (use latex gloves if it's hard to unscrew)
2. I could see no blockage and could see daylight though the 2 steam tip holes when held up to a light
3. I turned the steam on with the tip off and saw a LOT of pressure! (So those small holes actually regulate the pressure)
4. I took a bamboo skewer and pushed the spike through both holes in the tip to ensure they were fully clear, turns out they were not.
5. Now steaming takes 20-30 seconds instead of 2 minutes, it made a MASSIVE difference!

I've noticed my parents MaraX is much better at steaming than ours. At home steam pressure rarely goes up to 1.5 bar (even with flushing) and it quickly drops to 0.7 bar. At my parents place it keeps the pressure up and steams the milk in seconds. No flushing needed.

Theirs is bought this year and mine last year so maybe something has changed in the technical design? I've also noticed it does that thing when it makes a sound and the brew pressure quickly ramps up much more frequently. Software Update perhaps?

I will definitely try the cleaning advice above, although I don't think it has ever steamed properly.

I've noticed my parents MaraX is much better at steaming than ours. At home steam pressure rarely goes up to 1.5 bar (even with flushing) and it quickly drops to 0.7 bar. At my parents place it keeps the pressure up and steams the milk in seconds. No flushing needed.

Theirs is bought this year and mine last year so maybe something has changed in the technical design? I've also noticed it does that thing when it makes a sound and the brew pressure quickly ramps up much more frequently. Software Update perhaps?

I will definitely try the cleaning advice above, although I don't think it has ever steamed properly.
Might be worth asking Lelit? It's the same as mine. Mine can't steam 150ml in coffee priority mode. In steam priority mode however it can steam large quantities forever . I've accepted it is a fault and moved on now as the retailer refused to accept there was problem (long story). I would be interested if there was a fix/upgrade though 😂

Update - I eventually removed and cleaned the tip of the steam wand (tooth picker to properly clean the holes) and the machine is like new again!

I still think my parents machine holds steam pressure better but this is more than good enough for the two cappuccinos we are doing each morning.

Hi, I am having a similar issue with my mara x that I bought 3 months ago: milk frothing was super easy and gave great results, but suddenly since last weeks I get nothing but a few big bubbles. The steam pressure shows still at 1.5 and is consistent. I haven’t changed anything in my technique and cleaned everything. I am a bit clueless now…
I tried to take a video in case anybody can tell sth from watching it
Lelit Dampf

Hi, I am having a similar issue with my mara x that I bought 3 months ago: milk frothing was super easy and gave great results, but suddenly since last weeks I get nothing but a few big bubbles. The steam pressure shows still at 1.5 and is consistent. I haven’t changed anything in my technique and cleaned everything. I am a bit clueless now…
I tried to take a video in case anybody can tell sth from watching it
Lelit Dampf
clean the tip is ok

561 - 567 of 567 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.