Coffee Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because the tools seem rather expensive to buy, the best come from abroad with high shipping costs, I have decided to make my own
I will use a cork and with 0.35mm stainless acupuncture needles, but now I am finding those difficult to souce.
Does anyone know where I might buy them of have 4 or 5 they wish to sell?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Because the tools seem rather expensive to buy, the best come from abroad with high shipping costs, I have decided to make my own
I will use a cork and with 0.35mm stainless acupuncture needles, but now I am finding those difficult to souce.
Does anyone know where I might buy them of have 4 or 5 they wish to sell?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Buy a very small chef's whisk, cut the loops of the end =WDT tool.
Tried that. Epic Fail. You need upper fine needles, or at least points. Otherwise you’re just stirring more clumps in. It took me two tries, with the homemade WTD, to see that. And the retail ones, with loops on the end, are hilarious clump creators.
Fizzy wine cork, free. 30x75mm needles £3.65 . Space the holes evenly (say about 12). Then pop a drop of super glue in each hole, followed by the needles and another drop of glue. Leave to dry.
But for gods sake find yourself a safe way of storing it. A&E is busy enough.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Found they were too thick and caused more problems. Created one from a
Musical instrument String instrument Wood Guitar accessory Floor

Brown Wood Wood stain Floor Flooring

Brown Wood Table Flooring Wood stain

cork, 0.35mm needles, wrapped in rubber tape with a small magnet so could attach to the machine. Worked well for years.
Just printed one that means you can change the number and diameter of needles to suit so
will see how this one works.

Reactions: Bhodgson

·
Registered
84 Posts
An eraser with a few straightened paper clips stuck in it 😂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts