Coffee Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently cleaned the tubes in this machine. I've then flushed it through with some cleaner, followed by water. I am still getting small bits of coffee when just pulling water through the spouts.

I have replaced the infuser (came with new o-rings), and the o-ring on the piston. I have made sure the infuser is cleaned and lubricated correctly. I have removed the plastic shower screen from the piston head and cleaned that.

Is there anything else I can try? My next move would be to replace the seals in the thermoblock. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm still struggling to get my machine back up and running properly. The coffee is extremely bitter, and after running the rinse cycle I can see that the water that comes out is quite dirty with lots of particles suspended in the water.

Are there any other parts of the machine I should have a closer look at?

·
Registered
97 Posts
You might want to try soaking your infuser in cold water for half an hour before thoroughly rinsing in cold water and descaling with the recommended descaler

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have soaked the infuser and rinsed it, left it to dry and lubricated it. I've then run the descaling programme. It's still the same, bits in the coffee and very nasty tasting coffee.

I think the only two things left are the grinder and the seals within the piston head part. I don't think it's the grinder as ground coffee still tastes bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts